Horse Clan of the Plain
|Behind the scenes|
The Olangi clan are a nomadic Na'vi group, with their movement based on following game during its seasonal migratory patterns. They live in the shade of the massive trees that number the plain, making homes that are thought to be wicker huts, made from long grasses or wood, with fires in the center.
The Olangi clan highly value the freedom this nomadic lifestyle allows them, seeing it as a privilege and a birthright to have the chance to spiritually "see" much of Pandora. Above all other horse clans of the plain, they're seen as premier direhorse riders.
The clans specialized in cavalry, utilizing direhorses. One or more of these clans are led by an Akwey. When summoned by Toruk Makto, they assisted in the defense of the Tree of Souls during the final battle in Avatar. They played an important role in the conflict as cavalry, essentially attempting to halt the advance of RDA AMP suits and infantry units. They sustained heavy casualties through the course of the battle, though the exact number is unknown.
They are among several horse clans of the plain, an unknown number of Na'vi clans in the area.
|Akwey - Olo'eyktan of Olangi clan.||Omleki - Adopted by the Olangi clan.|
- Influence for the plains dates back to a painting James Cameron did in 1979, described as having "magenta grass". Said painting also influenced the final planet in his film Xenogenesis. 
- Until 2019, they were only known as one of "the Horse clans of the plains", a term Jake uses during the first film. The promotional website for the Avatar sequels lists several clans, including a picture of the clan from the film with the name attached.
- ↑ https://images.vfl.ru/ii/1587444228/6d817bbf/30280841.jpg
- ↑ https://www.avatar.com/explore/many-clans-one-heart/
- ↑ http://www.scribd.com/doc/116315083/Cameron
- ↑ https://www.avatar.com/explore/many-clans-one-heart
|Clans||Anurai · Kekunan · Li'ona · Metkayina · Ni'awve · Olangi · Omaticaya · Tawkami · Tipani · Tayrangi|
|Armor||'Awvea Tsamsiyu · Eyktan · Helmet · Karyu · Nawm · Nawma Ni'awve · Nawma Taronyu · Taronyu · Tirea · Tsteu|
|Other clothing||Baby Carrier · Battle Band · Loincloth · Anurai Necklace · Rider's Mask · Sash|
|Culinary Items||Basket · Butchering Tool · Cooking Pot · Fire Pit (Tools) · Fish Yoke · Food Wrap · Ground Rack · Leaf Plate · Water Carrier|
|Music||Children's Songs · Hometree Songs · Hunt Songs · The Legend of Nok · Personal Songs · Pitches, Intervals and Scales · Social Songs|