|Behind the Scenes|
The Sagittaria (Na'vi name: skuka) is a cephalopod-like creature in the waters of the Valley of Mo'ara with a hard shell to which it can retract fully for protection, and 14 muscular tentacles. Ten of the tentacles radiate out from the underside of the body - primarily for locomotion - and four near the mouth for prey attraction and feeding. Despite being an aquatic creature, its prey is small flying creatures. They take down their prey by spurting out jets of water. The Sagittaria has a co-dependent relationship with the water bug Cerebellis Scapularis also known as the reef tick.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Animal Kingdom's Wilderness Explorers program uses the connection between Sagittaria and the Cerebellis Scapularis to educate young parkgoers about connections between animals on Earth.
References[edit | edit source]
- Guide to the Flora & Fauna of the Valley of Mo'ara pamphlet
- Theme Parks & Beyond Pandora preview
- Disney's PANDORA! Trip Review!!
- Wilderness Explorers Handbook, pages 12 & 13
- Experiencing Pandora – Wilderness Explorers Badges